Search Engine Marketing
(SEM) or Search Engine Marketing is the entire set of techniques and strategies used to generate more visitors from search engines to your business. Search engine marketing seeks to promote websites by increasing their visibility in search engine results pages through the use of paid search and organic placement.
The importance of search engine marketing
This type of advertising focuses on investing in the right types of ads to achieve prominent positions on search engine results pages. It will drive traffic to the portal or blog. Well optimized search ads can sometimes achieve higher positions than organic search results, and others might be displayed on the right side of the browser page. Proper success of paid search campaign rests on targeting the right keywords and selecting optimal advertising channels.
What are the types of search engine marketing strategies?
In order to be successful in Search Engine Marketing Strategies, the things that you need to do first is to make an effective SEM plan and follow the strategy.
Below we have mentioned few points to remember while implementing Search Engine Marketing strategies:
• Point out who are your target customers? Search online , research and find out who actually wants to visit your site before you delve into your plan.
• Think and define your goals. Make a note of what is your target and through which means you are going to achieve the target?
• Prepare or get ready with the tools for SEM. Some tools like Key world analysis tools will help you in finding out the keywords which will work best for your business.
• Don’t forget to test your keywords frequently.
• Upload fresh content to the site and update your web design.
• Don’t forget your link building technique. Try to build up your links in blogs, portals , forums and other websites which will boost your search engine rankings.
• Make attractive and eye catching videos and post them on YouTube.
• Upload articles about your site in article submission sites and give a link to your site along with the article.
• Edit your blog or RSS feed on a regular basis and track your site performance using a tracking software.
Pay per click
PPC is an online advertising model in which advertisers can display ads for their goods or services when customers searching for things online will enter relevant queries into search engines. They are only charged when a user actually clicks on their advertisement, hence the name “pay-per-click.”
Pay per view
PP ads sit on your site and earn you money every time they are displayed to a real customer. The more traffic you have then the more you can make. A view is so much easier than any of the above to get, so these ads tend to pay a meager fee for view counts in the thousand